Post-Secondary Students:

As a student you may have coverage for therapy through your health benefits plan (paid with tuition).
Click here to see an example of a health benefits plan for a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Toronto (St. George Campus). This plan provides $100 worth of coverage per session of counselling for up to 15 sessions of counselling per policy year. Students are provided with a receipt after each session of counselling and then submit the receipt to their health benefits provider for reimbursement. 
Check to see what your specific plan/institution offers you. 

Coverage for Psychotherapy:

If your coverage is for 'psychotherapy', you can ask your insurance provider about working with a Registered Social Worker who delivers psychotherapy services. The Controlled Act of Psychotherapy outlines that qualified Registered Social Workers have access to the title Psychotherapist and are legally designated to provide psychotherapy. I can provide you with my registration number to support any inquiries that you wish to make to your insurer.

Social Work Fees


I am an Approved NIHB (Non-Insured Health Benefits) and IRS-RHSP (Indian Residential School Resolution Help Support Program) Provider. These programs provide coverage for mental health counselling to Registered First Nations people. Please see my NIHB page or contact me directly at 416-893-1973 to learn more about how you can access my counselling service at no cost.

Copyright ¬©  Move Forward Counselling, Amy Babcock MSW, RSW, downtown, counselling and counseling services.

‚ÄčAmy Babcock MSW, RSW


All individual therapy sessions are 55 minutes in length and the fee is $150. Once the session is complete, we will spend a few minutes checking in about how it went for you and scheduling our next appointment. Payment is due at the time of service and is made via e-transfer. I require 24 hours notice for cancellations.

Coverage for Psychology:

I have the benefit of working with a Consulting Psychologist. This means that whether your benefits cover Social Work or Psychology, I will be able to issue the appropriate receipt for service so that you can submit for reimbursement. The request for a psychology receipt must be made in advance of your scheduled appointment/before payment is processed. 

Coverage for Social Work:

I am a Registered Social Worker in good standing the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW). All of my receipts include my registration number. If you have coverage for Social Work services, my receipt and registration is all you will need in order to submit for reimbursement. Always check with your insurance provider around the details of your coverage!